Tags

, , , , ,


6×6 film scan (Ilford PANF)

Isotta Fraschini was a former car factory in Italy. It was opened in 1900 and the plant in these pictures was opened in Saronno in the thirties of last century.
Before WWII the factory produced also weapons, military vehicles and airplane engines.
In 1955 the factory went bankrupt and was merged with another big italian mechanical industry: the “Breda Motori”.
For several years they produced lot of mechanical products (trains, ships, engines, etc.).
The production plant in Saronno closed in the end of the eighties of last century and the only remaining plant (now owned by Fincantieri) is in Bari.

Advertisements